Nationwide emergency numbers
- Police and general emergency call – 191
- Medical emergency call – 1669
- Fire – 199
- Tourist Police – 1155
- Highway Police – 1193
- Ambulance and Rescue – 1554
- Crime suppression – 1195
- National Disaster Warning Centre – 1860 or 192
- Tourist Information Inquiry – 1672
The national numbers don’t work all the time or can be saturated. You may need to know some local numbers (especially if you live in the countryside or in a small town), like the local rescuers or the local police station.
Other useful numbers
The other numbers you should have at hand include your insurance call number, and any relatives, friends or neighbours that would be able to help you in case of trouble.